Bruce Havilah operates a specialist practice in sports law and assist sporting organisations achieve their strategic objectives through both sound governance and experienced commercial advice. Our clients include national and state sporting organisations and we have assisted government sport and recreation departments and agencies and sport and recreation facility managers and event managers.
Our sports law work is industry-focused with first-hand experience and specialised legal knowledge through our involvement in, and understanding of, the issues affecting it.
Our services for clients have included advising on:
- Commercial contracts (sponsorship, advertising and JV agreements)
- Risk management and insurance
- Governance, management and constitutional structures and issues
- Effective policy development
- Negligence in sport
- Protecting and exploiting sporting rights including intellectual property and broadcast rights
- Venue management including leases and club facilities
- Competition and fair trading issues
- Dispute resolution, tribunals and litigation
- Court of Arbitration for Sport appeals