In Times of Dispute, our Family Lawyers are Here to Help
At Havilah Legal, we understand that family disputes are often part of life. With extensive experience in family dispute resolution in Perth, we can provide guidance and advice suited to your family’s circumstances.
Understanding the Dispute Resolution Process
Mediation is a structured negotiation process in which a neutral third party assists parties to agree on their own solutions to a dispute. The style of mediation you choose will depend on the issues involved in your matter.
Mediations can be conducted with both parties unrepresented or represented by solicitors.
Benefits of Family Dispute Resolution & Mediation
There are numerous benefits to be gained by choosing to resolve family disputes through mediation.
- A conciliatory approach to resolving problems – avoids holding positions & seeks to find common interests.
- Cost effective
- Organise meeting times & places convenient to you. Mediation takes place in our Fremantle rooms or other venues as agreed in face-to-face meetings or via phone/video-link.
- Protects parties from adverse publicity; encourages openness and honesty in exchanges.
- Voluntary Involvement
- Own the procedure
- Individualise the procedure to your requirements.
- Reduce disputed issues
- Even if the final settlement is not reached, participants can narrow or clarify the issues for trial.
The agreed result can then be appropriately documented and enforced. For family disputes, the mediation agreement can be filed as Consent Orders in Court.
How Havilah Legal Can Help
Havilah Legal has experience in mediation, and can deliver advice that is easy to understand, and focused specifically on each client’s individual circumstances.
Find Out More
family lawyers may be able to assist you.